Website The Lighthouse for Kids
Clatsop County Child Abuse Assessment Center
Reports to Executive Director.
$24,960.00 per year (Part time position 24hrs/wk) No benefits
We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Office Assistant to support the operations of our Child Advocacy Center. As an Office Assistant, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth functioning of the organization by providing administrative and executive support to the team. Your primary responsibilities will include managing schedules, coordinating meetings, preparing documents, and assisting with various projects. This position requires a strong commitment to child advocacy and confidentiality, as well as excellent communication and multitasking skills.
1. Administrative Support:
- Manage the team’s calendars, schedule appointments, and arrange meetings.
- Prepare and distribute correspondence, memos, reports, and presentations.
- Handle incoming and outgoing communications, including phone calls, emails, and faxes.
- Maintain and update confidential files and records.
2. Meeting Coordination:
- Coordinate and schedule meetings.
- Prepare meeting agendas and materials, ensuring timely distribution to participants.
- Attend meetings, take accurate minutes, and distribute them to relevant parties.
- Follow up on action items and ensure timely completion.
3. Project Assistance:
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of special projects and initiatives.
- Conduct research, gather data, and compile reports as required.
- Support the team in preparing grant proposals, budgets, and funding applications.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure project objectives are met.
4. Communication and Liaison:
- Serve as a point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, including staff, volunteers, partner organizations, and government agencies.
- Manage incoming inquiries and direct them to the appropriate personnel.
- Draft and proofread documents, including letters, emails, and other communications.
5. Office Management:
- Maintain office supplies and equipment inventory, and coordinate repairs or maintenance as needed.
- Assist with the onboarding and orientation of new employees and volunteers.
- Help organize events, workshops, and training sessions.
- Previous experience as an office assistant or in a similar role is preferred.
- Knowledge of child advocacy, child welfare, or related fields is highly desirable.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Proficient in using productivity tools, such as Microsoft Office and calendar management software.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with professionalism and discretion.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and work independently when required.
If you are passionate about child advocacy and possess the skills and qualifications mentioned above, we encourage you to apply. Help us make a difference in the lives of vulnerable children and contribute to the vital work of our Child Advocacy Center.
Time and Schedule:
The office assistant will work a minimum of 24 hours per week to successfully perform the duties as set forth above.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com